Digital marketing trends, the clue is in the name. Trends evolve and change regularly and staying ahead of the curve is crucial to exploit business opportunities and maximise revenue. So what are the top five digital marketing trends for 2020?
- Shoppable posts also called social commerce, this is a really neat way for retailers and businesses to persuade their social media followers to take that extra step and visit their online store. Basically, the post is also the shopping link so potential customers don’t need to click away to a website from the post or app that they are on. Pinterest and Insta Checkout are great examples of this and getting much more traction in 2020. 54% of people use social media to locate or research future purchases
- Direct messaging is the personal approach fresh for 2020 using the messaging service on WhatsApp, Viber and Facebook or the private messaging service on Instagram and Twitter. Forget the direct marketing email of old, this is a new take on an old theme- private, bespoke and intimate, its almost as good as a phone call. This is a great way to create a long-lasting relationship with the customer, it doesn’t have to be about direct selling
- Micro-influencers if you can get the right people is a development on a trend that has been around for a long time. Key influencers know their worth and this part of the marketing industry had become much more organised and competitive. Micro-influencers are great for lifecycle marketing
- Polished and interactive emails are still relevant but with a 2020 makeover so ditch the text and get web design creative, send emails that look like web pages with clickable buttons and other interactive features, these have a high click rate, better than plain text
- Sentiment analysis or social listening is the analysis of customer responses to a service or product using clever algorithms and data collection options, not a new idea but technology has made it ever more sophisticated and useful
For the latest Digital Marketing Solutions, let Haarty Hanks revitalise your business with expert digital marketing advice, part of our comprehensive digital marketing services. Visit www.haartyhanks.com/